Since migraines and computers don’t mix for me, I couldn’t play with my computer yesterday afternoon. I decided to play in the kitchen instead. Luckily, my mom brought me a new cookbook Saturday and I found some inspiration there. The rest of my inspiration came from a Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Loaf I pinned a short time ago.
Gabe and I played around in the kitchen and created a new family masterpiece. We ended up making a Lemon Chocolate Chip Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze.
- Cream together butter, shortening, and sugar.
- Once fully blended, continue mixing while adding eggs one at a time.
- Continue mixing while adding flour a little at a time.
- Add milk, lemon juice, baking soda, and salt. Mix at medium speed for at least 3 minutes once all ingredients have been added.
- Pour into greased and floured Bundt pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours at 275°.
Take special care to completely grease and flour all the crevices of the Bundt pan because cakes stick far too easily in these (look closely at the cake picture…that’s what happens when a 6 yr old greases your pan for you).
Once you’ve pulled the cake out of the oven, you can make the glaze while it’s cooling.
To make the glaze…
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the sugar.
- Keep stirring until mixture is smooth.
- Add in lemon juice and stir until fully blended.
- Remove from heat and drizzle over cake.
There will probably be enough glaze left that you can drizzle it over the individual slices as you serve them.