I feel like I should be getting on my high horse and expressing my righteous indignation over the bullshit that’s been spewed about women’s health, prenatal testing, and access to birth control. I feel like I should rage over the sheer assholery exhibited by the man who tried to scam a woman into turning over the child they conceived for adoption by he and his wife. Luckily, I don’t have to rage because Cecily of Uppercase Woman and Stirrup Queen’s Mel did it so well. When you’re done here, go read the three posts if you want to feel righteously indignant.
Instead, I feel like answering some pointless questions and inviting you to answer them too. I found these questions at HumorThatWorks.com…
- Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? When I first found out we were going to move here (to Cary) I was pissed at the world. I didn’t want to move. However, it turns out to have been the best thing for our family. Truly, I wouldn’t change it if I could.
- What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to? My answer to that question right now is so different than what my answer would have been 15 years ago. I went to some awesome parties when I was a member of the local Rescue Squad. I could tell you tales of fake chalk body outlines and people chasing cows on tractors and other bizarre occurrences. Now, I can truthfully say that one of the best parties I’ve been to was my son’s military ball last Friday. I had a blast and it was so much fun watching the kids have a great time.
- What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? I bawled at the end of The Story of Beautiful Girl. It was a good cry.
- What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done? The two hardest things I’ve ever had to do were telling my kids when their grandpa died and, just last month, telling them their Uncle Jose had died.
- What was the last experience that made you a stronger person? Surviving infertility.
- What did you do growing up that got you into trouble? Cursed beneath my breath when I was ticked off at my parents.
- When was the last time you had an amazing meal? I had an absolutely amazing meal last summer when I was in San Diego for BlogHer. It was memorable for both the food we had at Fisherman’s Wharf and for the amazing company I dined with.
- What do you miss most about being a kid? Being able to sleep in to ridiculous hours on the weekends.
- What is your first memory of being really excited? I can remember the unbearable excitement of one of my early Christmases…lying awake for what seemed like hours.
- What was the first thing you bought with your own money? A 1991 light blue Ford Escort. She was a good car and lasted for almost 300,000 miles.
- When was the last time you were nervous? Honestly, I don’t know.
- What is something you learned in the last week? I learned that crocheting doesn’t really use more yarn than knitting.
- What story does your family always tell about you? Hehehe, there are too many too tell right here. My sister likes the story of when the bird flying overhead shit on my shoulder.
- At what age did you become an adult? Am I really an adult? Do I have to claim that status?
If you decide to join in the fun, let me know. I’ll be sure to stop by and check it out.