- Joey’s home and he had a great time. They climbed Raven’s Knob and all the first year scouts got their picture taken on the top.
- Joey’s camera was acting up a bit so I’ll have to get a picture from someone else.
- Gabe is so thrilled to have Joey home and this means he’s being wild and crazy.
- Unfortunately since Joey’s been away, Gabe’s nonsense which would have driven him crazy, he now thinks is hilarious. This just encourages Gabe.
- Joey just got home and, in only 10 days, Marty leaves for a week…going to NOLA for the national Lutheran Youth Gathering.
- Gabe fell asleep leaning against Jennifer at just past 7. It was so cute.
- Did you know that today’s stardate is 11207.07?
- I think I forgot to tell y’all that I won tickets to the BlogWorld New Media Expo in Las Vegas in January. I didn’t think I would be able to go. I was resigned to selling my ticket. But, super secret negotiations are going on and I’ll probably be able to go. And, I’ll be staying at the Rio…
- I’ve discovered one thing that really ticks me off about my Nook. When someone (me) is stoopid and lets the battery die, those almost 300 books that are loaded on the SD card instead of the physical memory of the Nook disappear off the shelves. They are still on the card but all the categorization, all the time spent shelving them, is fucking GONE! ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH
- It’s almost midnight and still about 85 degrees. If I get my shit together, I’m going to bake cookies in my van tomorrow.This damned heat has got to be good for something.
- We had milkshakes for dessert tonight (thanks for the idea Joey). Here’s the recipe…
3 large scoops of mint chocolate chip ice cream
1/2 cup of milk
1. crush the oreos in blender/food processor
2. add ice cream and milk to the cookies
3. mix and enjoy
PS…this was all done with my hand powered
food processor since my blender died