Since I’ve never done this for a previous ICLW, I thought I would give you a quick overview of me, my family, and my infertility story.
I’m Kristin and I’ve been married to my hubby for over 14 years. We are the proud parents of three wonderful
hellions boys. My husband and I met when we both use to volunteer for a local Rescue Squad. He worked the crash truck and I was a paramedic. I knew after our first date that he was the one for me but he took a little longer to see the light. LOL…he had been burned one too many times to realize what we had together right away. I use to joke that the only thing I could threaten him with was staying with him forever.
I got pregnant the first time a few months before we got married. I didn’t carry this pregnancy to term (I think I will share that story later). Knowing what I know now, I was probably on my way to a full blown eclamptic pregnancy. At only 6 weeks along, I was already spiking my blood pressure. I’ve had so many losses since than that I no longer know all my due date but I do have a record of the dates of losses.
Here is a quick overview of my pregnancies and losses…
- 9/9/94 pregnancy ended at about 8 weeks, D&C
- 2/20/97 delivered my oldest at 41 weeks 2 days via emergent c-section; I had been diagnosed with mild pre-eclampsia, had been in labor for 16 hours, the mag they gave me for my pre-e stopped my full term labor, and Marty started dropping his heart rate every time I had a contrax once they got labor going again. Marty was 8 lbs 14.5 oz
- 12/8/99 miscarriage confirmed at about 5 weeks. They called it a chemical pregnancy but I fucking hate that term.
- 11/15/00 delivered my second son, Joey, at 36 weeks 2 days, via emergent c-section; had unexplained bleeding incidents at 27 weeks and 30 weeks; at 36 weeks 2 days, thought my water had broken, went to the bathroom and found blood instead; Joey implanted very low and, when his placenta moved up the uterine wall and crossed my c-section scar, it left a small lobe behind (didn’t show up on any u/s) so I was experiencing undiagnosed partial previa. My preemie was 20 inches long and 7 lbs.
- 11/11/02 loss confirmed at 10+ weeks, D&C
- 2/12/03 loss between 5 and 6 weeks
- 4/15/03 loss confirmed at about 11 weeks, D&C
- 11/24/03 loss between 5 and 6 weeks
- 6/17/04 had been on progesterone suppositories, saw heartbeat and fetal pole at 6 weeks; our little girl, Eva, dies at 8 weeks; found out at 9 weeks; D&C one day later
- 1/13/05 loss at about 5 weeks
- 12/2/05 on progesterone suppositories and lovenox; had a relatively uncomplicated pregnancy although I did develop PIH during the last 4 weeks. Gabe was delivered at 39 weeks 1 day in a scheduled c-section.
I was diagnosed with luteal phase defect and given a prescription for progesterone suppositories after pregnancy #7 (loss #5). It allowed my pregnancy with Eva to progress to the heartbeat stage and then we lost her. I had all the standard infertility bloodwork drawn after that loss and the only thing found out of whack was my ptt length. It was shortened and that means I clot faster than normal. The placenta really becomes established around 6 weeks which is why clotting issues can come into play after that point. The lovenox was prescribed for future pregnancies and I had my miracle baby in December ’05. I am not pregnant right now although we are trying. We are also dealing with the latest curve from my husbands diabetes.
On the personal front, I am a college educated SAHM. My husband is a brilliant, funny, talented man who runs a local 911 center. Once upon a time, he was a career firefighter but he had a career ending knee injury and turned to dispatching as a career. We both love to read and could probably open our own library. I love all crafts and my hubby is very talented at model building and painting. I currently blog about anything and everything although this blog started out as an infertility focused blog.
Welcome to my world. Do you have any questions?