2011 Book Challenge Wrap Up
Wooohooooo, it’s only January 6th and I’m posting the yearly book challenge post. That’s a hell of a lot better than last year’s February 25th post.
Sadly, I didn’t meet my reading goal for last year. I was shooting for 110 books last year and it was looking like I’d hit the goal without a problem. But, my time management skills went to hell in a handbasket when my friend Rys and her family moved in in September and I ended the year with 95 books. I hope the rest of y’all had a great year and did lots and lots of reading. I’d love for y’all to check in and tell me how many books you read.
And, the final bit of 2011 book challenge business, Alana of Alana-isms is the tote bag winner.
2012 Book Challenge Sign Up
It’s time to sign up for the 2012 Book Challenge. Once again, sign up will be through Google Docs because it will compile the list and keep all the info handy for me. However, unlike last year, I won’t promise to keep in touch via email over the course of the year because, obviously, I suck at that. So, here are the rules…
- Please use this Google Docs form to sign up…comment if you like but sign up is through the form.
- your goal can be as high or low as you feel comfortable with…the goal is to read more, not to beat everyone else
- read, read, read
- keep a running total
- have fun
- if it is under 50 pages or an audio book, it counts as HALF a book
- anything over 50 pages counts as 1 BOOK no matter how long it is
- textbooks, childrens books, ebooks all count
- (thanks Jenn) rereading counts and any books read so far count
- cookbooks count as a whole book if you actually read them (I mean really read…not just skim while looking for a recipe)
Once again, I want to say thanks to Jen J for Navigating the Waters of Infertility and Beyond again because she was the one that sparked my Book Challenge in 2009. This year, my reading goal is going to be 110 books.Hopefully, life will remain on an even keel and I can read to my heart’s content.